Description:Open source gateway framework to easily create science gateways for grids, clouds and clusters
Abstract:gUSE (grid and cloud User Support Environment) is an open source DCI (Distributed Computing Infrastructure) gateway framework developed by the Laboratory of Parallel and Distributed Systems (LPDS) at MTA SZTAKI. It enables users the
convenient and easy access to grid and cloud infrastructures and supports the development, visualization, configuration and submission of distributed applications executed on the computational resources of various DCIs including clusters, service grids (ARC, gLite, Globus, UNICORE), BOINC desktop grids and clouds (via CloudBroker Platform and Google App Engine). It also provides two API interfaces (Application Specific Module API and Remote API) to create application-specific science gateways according to the needs of different user communities.
gUSE/WS-PGRADE represents one of the workflow development infrastructures and used by a great number of research activities in numerous EU FP7 projects (e.g. SCI-BUS, EDGI, SHIWA, agINFRA, ER-Flow, and IDGF-SP).
- Comprehensive workflow-oriented framework for development, execution and monitoring of scientific workflows.
- Fast access to a large variety of different DCIs including clusters, grids, desktop grids and clouds.
- Easy-to-use graphical user interface for graph-based design, configuration, submission, and publishing workflows as distributed and parallel applications.
- Easy adaptation and customization according to the special needs of various user communities in order to develop their application-specific science gateways.
- Additional command-line solutions to submit distributed applications to various DCI resources
gUSE is being used in the following FP7 projects:
SCI-BUS, IDGF-SP, agINFRA, SHIWA, EDGI, EDGeS, DEGISCO, HP-SEE, ETICS2