Description:A python comand line interface for UMD grid middleware
Abstract:Python for Grid (Py4Grid) is an easy and flexible python software for job and data management in EGI grid infrastructures. It abstracts users from the complexity of grid UMD middleware allowing individual researchers to transparently interact with grid resources without the need to understand major architecture and/or technical concepts.
Users can submit, copy, delete and retrieve grid jobs and input/output data through 4 simple python commands:
Py4Grid-JobSubmit.py: job submission and transparent upload of big data input files;
Py4Grid-JobState.py: retrieve job status;
Py4Grid-JobGetOutput.py: retrieve job outputs and transparent transfer of big data output files back to the user;
Py4Grid-JobDelete.py: job and file purging.
The user execution envelope (binary, arguments, input files, output files, …) are defined through a simple “key=value” configuration file (Py4Grid.cfg) read by the application. The Py4Grid application is responsible for building the JDLs and prolog and epilog scripts dealing with data transfers.
Py4Grid should be deployed on top of a UMD 2 or UMD 3 User Interface. It has been tested with Python 2.6. To install it, execute the following instruction substituint X.X.X but the proper Py4Grid version (bash environment is assumed):
- wget https://github.com/GoncaloBorges/Py4Grid/archive/master.zip
- unzip master.zip
- cd Py4Grid-master
- tar xzvf py4grid-X.X.X.tgz
- export PYTHONPATH=$PWD/py4grid/X.X.X/include/Py4GridModules:$PYTHONPATH
- export PATH=$PWD/py4grid/X.X.X/bin:$PATH
- export PY4GRIDHOME=$PWD/py4grid/X.X.X
- cd $HOME; cp $PY4GRIDHOME/templates/config/Py4Grid.cfg .
- vi Py4Grid.cfg (adjust your execution envelope. Binaries and input files should be in the same working directory as the configuration file)