Description:Open source grid visualization e-service VizLitG is designed for convenient access and interactive visualization of remote data files located in grid.
Abstract:Open source grid visualization e-Service VizLitG is designed for convenient access and interactive visualization of remote data files located in grid. VizLitG is employed for visualization of scientific results computed on Lithuanian grid (LitGrid). VizLitG is build by Java and GlassFish. The message authentication over SSL mechanism is employed for security reasons. VizLitG includes automatic HDF5 data management and VTK visualization engine. Moreover, transfer of interactively selected parts of datasets located in experimental Storage Element has been implemented.
Main features of VizLitG
* Remote instrumentation provided by Java EE and GlassFish.
* HDF5 data management and interactive data selection based on GUI.
* Interactive construction of visualization network (described by XML).
* Visualization engine is based on VTK toolkit.
* Visualizations can be grouped in several viewports.
* Full interactivity including VTK widgets is provided by GVid.
* Full file transfer from SE by means of LFC (LCG) and GridFTP.
* Visualization of interactively selected parts of datasets transferred from experimental SE by using JAX-WS.